Calendar of Events
On Wednesday, October 19, CareerMD will be hosting an employer reception and networking event at which residents, fellows, physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners may meet with hiring representatives from leading hospitals, practice groups and healthcare systems across the country. Would it be possible for you to notify your members of this event so that any who wish to attend may do so? There is no charge to attend, and a complimentary buffet will be part of the program.
Participants in this event include representatives from the Lexington Clinic, Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, Appalachian Regional Healthcare, Pikeville Medical Center, Mercy Health, Norton Medical Group, LifePoint Health, Huntington Internal Medicine Group, St. Claire Regional Medical Center, St. Elizabeth Physicians and many others. This event is a great opportunity for residents, fellows, physicians, and advanced practitioners to network with a large number of potential employers in one place, at one time. You do not have to be actively job-searching to attend!
The event takes place from 5PM until 8PM at Copper Roux, 861 S. Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504. Guests may arrive at any time and are welcome to attend with their spouses, significant others, guests and children. Attire is casual. Complete event details are available online, here: www.careermd.com/Lexington.
Location: Copper Roux, 861 S. Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504
Date: Wednesday, October 19th, 2016
Time: 5:00pm - 8:00pm (arrive at any time)
Details: Casual attire – Complimentary buffet and refreshments – All guests and children are welcome
View upcoming KOMA and related organization's events.
This photo of Kentucky is courtesy of TripAdvisor
Six Steps to Starting a KOMA Professional Reional Network (PRN) Chapter
KOMA PRN Chapters are the social side of our professional organization. If there is not an active KOMA PRN chapter in your city, please consider starting one. We are looking to have meetings every First Thursday on even months.
- Contact the KOMA. Tel: 608.441.1060, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Ask to be designated as Chapter Leader on www.koma.org.
- Contact local osteopathic physicians & students, but don't limit participation to the osteopathic community. Invite ALL your physician friends & colleagues.
- Plan a "First Thursday" event. On the First Thursday (or other convenient day/evening) of every even month, KOMA PRN Chapters may gather at restaurants or a hotel bar/restaurant to socialize and network. Although it is a professional networking event, we are keeping the format deliberately informal.
- Announce your new chapter. Send out an introductory letter or e-mail to physicians in your area announcing the formation of the Chapter, indicating the location and time of the First Thursday event, and Chapter Leader contact information. Let potential participants know - This is a place for relaxed and civil discourse, where real people to get together for fun, informative and maybe even productive discussions.
- KOMA will create a chapter web page on www.koma.org. Chapter contact information, meeting locations, dates and times will be included.
- Stay connected. When you hold your meetings, have a sign-in sheet to collect the names and email addresses of attendees. Check in with the KOMA executive office afterwards – send them 4-5 sentences (min) or call to let them know the interests, concerns, feedback, etc. from attendees. Take pictures, we will place them on our website to promote future your meetings.